Civil/Site Work Estimator
Coastal Asphalt, LLC is seeking a highly-motivated Civil/Sitework Estimator to join our growing team.
- Reviews and evaluates requests for estimates
- Reviews estimates and revisions for completeness and accuracy
- Reviews construction documents and understands scope of work to bid
- Prepare cost analysis by recapitulating material, labor, equipment, subcontractor, and overhead costs occurred in heavy civil industry projects
- Executes take-offs of construction documents
- Inputs take-offs data into spreadsheets
- Utilize the company approved costing methodology, data, and systems to present estimate results in a detailed breakdown format suitable for use by the project manager and the project team
- Attend client pre-bid meetings and job showing, visit job sites, and keep a record of all verbal information disseminated by the client during the pre-bid meeting and job showing
- Prepare project cost estimates from the client’s RFQ documents and drawings and any other information learned during the pre-bid showing
- Must have ability to explain details behind each estimate, including the basis of the man-hours allocated for each task, personnel resources needed to execute each task, etc.
- Maintain cost estimating tools including databases, spreadsheets, and other computer-based applications to keep updated information on past performance and industry standards
- Assists Project Manager on alternative project execution approaches based on the scope of work and the most cost-effective execution methods available
- Maintain lines of communications between company departments, project manager, and client with regards to cost estimating activities
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as an Estimator on Relevant Heavy Civil Construction Required
- Experience estimating multiple projects in excess of $2 Million
- Experience estimating mass excavation and utility projects, storm water, and asphalt paving Required
- Experience with computer takeoff and cost estimating software Required
- Flexibility to effectively deal with changing priorities and timelines through analytical problem-solving.
- Able to work independently and in a collaborative team-oriented environment
- Displays superior written and oral communication skills
- Salary commensurate with Experience.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Vacation
Coastal Asphalt, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, genetic information, veteran status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.
Coastal Asphalt, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, E-Verify and Drug Free Workplace