Use the form below to let us know you are interested.
The equipment mechanic will perform tasks involving working on vehicles and equipment both in the shop and on heavy highway and road projects. The mechanic is an essential component of Coastal Asphalt, ensuring all equipment and vehicles meets the highest standards of quality and safety. This position will operate alongside other mechanics and equipment operators under the direct daily supervision of the equipment service manager who provides guidance and feedback.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains, repairs and occasionally operates construction or power equipment, including but not limited to paving and grading equipment
- Responsible for diagnosing and troubleshooting equipment failures, repairing and maintaining diesel and gasoline engines.
- Cleans equipment as needed to aid in diagnostic evaluation and repairs.
- Operates small electric and air powered hand tools including but not limited to welders, cut-off saws, drill presses, jacks, chain hoists, overhead cranes, vehicle lifts, grease guns, bench grinders, pressure washers, presses, and torches
- Travels to remote locations or jobsites as needed for the emergency repair and maintenance of fleet equipment, trucks and vehicles.
- Deliver and install equipment parts as needed
- Performs all duties in conformance to appropriate safety and security standards as determined by law, site requirements and company policies.
- Employee may be sent to other facility locations and operations to perform duties as required.
- Check, change, and maintain equipment fluids
- Ensure all workspaces remain clean and free of hazards and debris at all times
- Comply with all company policies, procedures, and safety requirements
- Perform tasks assigned by the supervisor
- Must display excellent ability to interpret and follow directions
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule including weekends as needed
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed
- Must be able to work continuously on your feet at a fast pace
- Must be willing to work in extreme temperatures for long periods of time
- Must uphold a professional attitude
- Must utilize proper communication with co-workers, office personnel, customers and suppliers
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with the flexibility to travel to various job sites within South Carolina and surrounding areas if necessary
- Must possess a driving record that meets company standards
- Must meet company employment requirements including but not limited to background checks
- Must agree to adhere to Drug-Free Workplace requirements including pre-employment, post-accident, and random drug testing
- Must maintain a good attendance and safety record
- Must have the ability to carry and lift 50 pounds
- Must be able to stoop, bend, reach with hands and arms, crouch and kneel as required
- Must be able to enter and exit equipment safely